Tootsie Pop Ghosts
These fun lollipop ghosts made from tootsie pops make perfect gifts for your child’s classroom, co-workers, or to give out to trick or treaters!
Easy to make they’re a fun way to jazz up a normal lollipop into a cute, ghoulishly good treat this Halloween.
This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase after clicking one of my links I may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
You can easily add a hanger to these tootsie pop ghosts to make them a part of your Halloween decor at home or around the office.
Your kids will have a blast helping you decorate these guys. This was one of my favorite Halloween crafts as a kid.
Prefer to make them just as decor without the lollipop inside? Check out how to make kleenex ghosts.
- 1 box of kleenex or other tissues
- 1 bag of tootsie pops or other lollipops with a similar shape.
- Some sort of string to use as a tie. You can use twine, string, yarn, or embroidery thread which is what I used.
- Markers for decorating. You will need to use markers as crayons or pencils will shred the kleenex. Markers with a thinner point may be slightly easier, but I’d use whatever you already have at home.
Creating your lollipop ghosts:
- You’ll need to use 2 kleenex for each ghost to keep the wrapper from showing through. Lay them crossing each other and then stick your lollipop in the center with the stick pointing up.
- Wrap the Kleenex around the head of the tootsie pop to create the head of your lollipop ghost.
- Tie your embroidery thread or other string just below the candy to create a neck. I prefer to use a festive color of embroidery thread or yarn but you can also use string, twine, pipe cleaners, or whatever else you have around. Make the string extra long if you plan to create a hanger for your ghost treat.
- OPTIONAL: Using your long ends tie them into a knot to create a loop so your ghost now has a hanger.
- Next, use your markers to create a fun or scary face for your tootsie pop ghost! You can also use googly eyes, stickers, etc to decorate them.
- Now you’re ready to display them or gift them away. You can stick the lollipop sticks in a box or foam to create a display, hang them on a tree, or just place them in a treat bucket ready to be enjoyed!
Kids will love helping to draw the faces and hanging them around the house or giving them away to friends and other trick or treaters. I love these because even young kids can help to make them themselves!
Check our Halloween page for more crafts & activities!
- Kleenex or other brand box of tissues
- 1 bag of Tootsie Pops or other Lollipops
- Yarn or embroidery thread
- Lay your kleenex flat on a table and stick a lollipop in the center. (Use 2 kleenex to help cover the wrapper color better.)
- Wrap the kleenex around the lollipop and tie with a string to create the head of the ghost.
- Optional: Make the tie extra long and tie the ends to create a loop so you can hang them.
- Using markers to draw a face on each ghost.